How Singapore Is Preparing For Jobs Of The Future

If there is one thing that we all can agree on in our fast-paced and ever-changing modern world this – nothing is a certainty and there’s no such thing as “future proof”.

Technology, but especially the internet, has completely and totally revolutionized the way we go about living our day to day lives in ways none of us could have expected or anticipated just a few short years ago. It’s amazing to consider, but the internet as we know it today is really only 20 or 30 years old – and the first truly successful smart phone didn’t even exist until 2007!

We really are living in the infancy of the Technology Age, and things are moving so rapidly that it’s tough to keep track. Traditional jobs and careers have completely folded up and fallen by the wayside, ways of doing business have changed forever and will continue to change moving forward, and there’s a lot of uncertainty out there in the job market – that’s for sure.

The people of Singapore are especially attuned to all of these changes, as they are one of the most forward thinking and progressive of all the global community members. The government is very forward thinking, which is why they have been planning and preparing for careers of the future and helping to make sure that their citizenry is as ready for what may come down the line as humanly possible.

Here’s what we know

For one thing, the aging of the global population and the declining birth rates mean that the global population will continue to grow – just because of improved longevity – but that doesn’t necessarily mean that the workforce will continue to expand.

Shrinking workforces around the world are going to hamper economic expansion, and disruptive new technologies and innovations are going to completely transform economies on a regular basis from here on out. Seven of the top 10 companies by market capitalization today did not exist in 1975. Dinosaurs and legacy companies can no longer expect to survive “just because”.

Not everything is doom and gloom

At the same time, not everything is doomsday for your average worker and many believe that the “robot workforce” that is expected to arrive by 2030 (if not sooner) is really going to put hundreds of millions of people out of work all over the world.

Sure, there are going to be disruptive technologies that reshape the way we go about work and artificial intelligence and robotics are certainly going to improve the prevalence of workplace automation. All jobs – not just those “at the bottom of the barrel” are going to be impacted by these changes, but it’s important to remember that most jobs have a multitude of different tasks that need to be executed all at once and that’s something that still is incredibly challenging for those in the automation world.

According to information coming out of the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development, only about 9% of all jobs in Singapore have a high chance of being substantially automated. That leaves 91% of all jobs in a pretty solid position, and while there is likely to be some lateral moves and retraining necessary the outcome for future careers in Singapore and elsewhere around the world is nowhere near as negative as it appears on the surface.

About the Author

Morris Edwards is a content writer at, he writes different topics like 4 tips to breeze through that job interview and Singapore’s Economy Is Expected to Grow This Year and all topics related to Singapore Economy, and if you want to Register a company in Singapore visit our website.


Company: Singapore Company Incorporation Consultants Pte Ltd

Address: 10 Anson Road International Plaza #27-15, Singapore 079903

Telephone: +65 66531211



You might also like

Leave a Reply